St. Joseph’s Family Center is committed to assisting individuals and families through their most challenging times. Founded at the parish over 45 years ago, it’s mission is to alleviate hunger and homelessness in South Santa Clara County by providing food, housing and employment related services, and advocating for system changes to improve the quality of life for the most vulnerable people in our communities.
Every year, St. Joseph’s Family Center…
- assists over 7,500 individuals with nutritious food allotments
- serves over 40,000 hot meals and lunches to the homeless
- provides emergency rental and utility assistance for 350 households and permanent housing for 31 homeless or at-risk families
- provides supportive services to migrant families
- provides case management, job training/job retention programs, transit assistance, advocacy, and collaborative efforts to help families become more self-sufficient coordinates the Gilroy Street Team which employs homeless and formerly homeless individuals to assist with beautification projects around the City of Gilroy. Participation is rewarded with vouchers for food, clothing, transportation and other necessities. The participants also receive training and job coaching that can help them enter the workforce. Perhaps the greatest gift is the restoration of the team member’s dignity and sense of pride in being able to give back to the community.
We often are a conduit for volunteers who want to get involved and serve the need throughout the entire community. A vital “leg” in the faith-education-service stool that is St. Mary Parish, St. Mary School, and St. Joseph’s Family Center. You cannot find that unique combination anywhere else in South County.
Hours of Operation: Monday – Friday, 9:00am to 4:00pm
(408) 842-6662, ext. 25
For more information visit www.stjosephsgilroy.org